The Listowel Golf Club is currently looking for new members of the Maintenance crew. Multiple positions are available including summer student positions, and full season positions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Safe and efficient operation, care and maintenance of tools, equipment and grass cutting machines, tractors, trucks, front-end loaders, and various small equipment.
2. Perform daily circle checks on all equipment and reporting defects to the immediate supervisor.
3. Maintain daily written records of work-related activities.
4. Apply safety precautions and procedures in the performance of all duties, in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
5. Communicate courteously with the members and general public.
6. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Must be able to read and write English, and perform basic math.
Experience: Any experience in parks and landscape maintenance an asset. Experience in using gas powered light lawn and garden equipment.
Work Environment: Most work done outside. Ability and to work in varying climate conditions. Required to provide own safety work boots and rain gear.
Supervision Given: None required and position generally works as part of a team.
Time Pressures: Few deadlines to be met, but must work diligently to complete assigned tasks.
Supervision Received: Work is routine, with occasional routine issues to deal with. Passes on problems to senior staff.
Effect of Errors: Errors generally affect aesthetics, but may require long term healing for turf to recover.
Freedom to Make Decisions: Makes few decisions. Decisions made are based on policy, procedures or precedents.
Purpose: Works as part of a team.
Nature: Contacts are generally pleasant.
Ingenuity: Work is straightforward, with little decision making required.
Physical Demands: May require moderate to heavy physical demands to complete tasks.